- A Visa Run to Guam

Since I am not a native Filipino, I am required by law to renew my visa to stay in the Philippines. The renewal we have chosen to use is the Balikbayan Privilege, sometimes called the Balikbayan Visa. This allows me to stay in the Philippines for a full year if I enter with my Philippines-born wife. At the end of the year, I have to leave anywhere and then start again.

We have lived in the Philippines for one year so it was time for me to leave. Since I needed a medication that is not available for purchase in the Philippines, we decided to go to Guam which is a US territory.

We flew on Philippine Airlines (PAL). We arrived safely in Guam, and our checked luggage arrived safely in San Francisco. It was a big hassle, and we didn't get our luggage back until we left Guam.


Leaving from  the Panglao-Bohol Airport

Arriving in Manila

Guam Airport

We visited a World War II museum while we were there

A US vehicle

Japanese weapons

The view out of the patio of our hotel



The view out of the front door of our hotel room 
At the Micronesia Mall
Leaving Guam early in the AM

Sunrise in the air

Arriving again in Manila

Back in Tagbilaran (Panglao-Bohol)

We stayed in Guam for two days, and I was able to get my prescription and get it filled.

Guam was a great experience for us. It is an amazing place - pleasant weather, friendly people, incredible scenery, nice beaches, fine architecture, good infrastructure. Some things were rather expensive. In some ways it is similar to Hawaii.
The next day celebrating our wedding anniversary
at the Prawn Farm in Island City Mall

I am very thankful for my wife and best friend, Lyn!

Comments